How do I sign up for Sleek?
With a valid email address:
- Go to sleekemail.com
- Click on Sign Up
- Fill in the registration form and click on Sign Up
How do I add/link an account to Sleek?
To add a new email, click the profile icon, then “Add Email” at the top right corner
- If not already, Enable IMAP in your Gmail settings. Make sure IMAP is enabled in your Gmail settings, if not, click here.
- If not already, make sure to turn on your 2-Factor Authentication on your Google account here.
- Generate an app-specific password
- Paste your 16-letter app-specific password
Note: At the moment, Sleek only supports Gmail accounts but we are working on adding more email clients soon!
Why do I need a 16-letter app-specific password for Sleek?
To link your Gmail account to other platforms, you can either use the “sign-up with Google” prompt or using an app-specific password. The app-specific password grants us the permission to sync your Gmail account with Sleek. Both steps are secured to do so.
How do I generate an app-specific password?
- Go to Google
- Select the app and device for which you want to generate the app password.
- Select App > Mail
- Select device > Pick your device
- Click on generate
- Copy the 16-letter password and paste it during sign-up
What is IMAP & how do I enable it?
IMAP stands for Internet Message Access Protocol, and it's the open standard that describes how to access messages in an email mailbox.
To enable IMAP:
- Go to your Gmail settings.
- Scroll to the IMAP access section, and click on the Enable IMAP radio button.
- Click save changes
What is the 2-step authentication & how do I enable it?
2-Step Verification (also known as two-factor authentication), is a way to add an extra layer of security to your account in case your password and log in details get stolen. The 2-step verification also lets you add devices and applications where you want to link your Google account.
After you set up 2-Step Verification, you’ll sign in to your account with two steps using:
- Something you know, like your password
- Something you have, like your phone
For more information, click here.
- When you click the links for the Gmail settings, make sure you are logged in from the same account that you are trying to add to your Sleek.
- Adding more than 1 account is restricted on the free plan.